Mr. State High Coming Soon

Helena Haynes, Staff Writer

This sunday at 2:00 p.m. DECA is hosting Mr. State High for the first time in years. Mr State high is a pageant for boys in grades 9-12 where they compete for the desirable title of Mr State High. “We’re doing Mr State High to raise money for MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Syndrome) and we’re trying to get as many donations as we can because it’s a good cause.” said senior Cassidy Davidson. For the pageant, you are also able to sign up to be an escort for one of the contestants.

The pageant will consist of a modeling portion, an interview portion, and a talent portion so it’s very similar to a normal beauty pageant. The winner will be selected based off of how well the contestants do in each category. Junior, Arshia Badani said, “DECA came up with the idea for it on one of our leadership trips to Austin, Texas, where the idea was heard by someone from another school who has done a pageant to raise money.” During the pageant, each contestant will have a bucket where people can put money if they like that certain contestant.

Muscular Dystrophy Syndrome Association is the charity that DECA is raising money for this year. MDA is a nonprofit organization that raises money for people with neuromuscular diseases. It has been running for more than 60 years and giving help to many families across the nation. They annually fund over 250 research projects. DECA has been holding many events throughout the year to raise money for this amazing charity, and help all of the people in need. All of the money collected from Mr. State High will be given to MDA in hopes that it will help people with neuromuscular diseases. The cost to get in is 10 dollars for adults and 8 dollars for students, so come out and support the contestants to help raise money for a great cause!