Knit-wits: Fitting in with Knitting

Yarn+and+knitting+needles+are+used+to+knit.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Knit-wits: Fitting in with Knitting

Yarn and knitting needles are used to knit.

Lauren Mathews

State College High School has a range of clubs to appeal to the students interest. The number of clubs are changing as new ones are added every year. Knitting club, one of the most recent created clubs, was started by junior Katie Heist. “I started Knitting Group not just to give current knitters a place where they could have a set hour every other week to do what they love,” said Heist, “But also to introduce other students to a craft they might not have exposure to.”

If you don’t know how to knit, don’t worry, because knitting club has extra yarn and needles for those who wish to learn. However, if you do know how to knit, then this club is a great way to spend your knitting time with friends in a stress free environment. “It’s a fun and relaxing way to spend time with your friends while also doing something productive,” mentioned sophomore Allison Zajac. However if you prefer to crochet instead of knit, you are also welcome.“My favorite part of Knitting Group is teaching others how to knit and then seeing their passion and enthusiasm for knitting grow,” said Heist.

If you enjoy the good company of people, the clicking of you needles as you knit a project, come on over to knitting club. Knitting club meets every second and fourth Monday of the month. They meet in room 44 in the North Building from 3:30 to 4:30. Sophomore Kayleigh Matthews said, “Bringing a group of friends is also great because you can have a laugh while learning a valuable craft. The only downside is that you’ll soon be receiving requests to make hats, scarves, and sweaters for all of you friends!”