Penn State’s Movin’ On; Still On After A Rain Delay

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students flood the Penn State blue band IM field on April 26, 2019, for Movin' On. “I’m sad I missed Bryce Vine play, but Grouplove was great and I had a lot of fun,” Clarre Porter, sophomore on the left, said. Hundreds of people aged 18 and up enjoyed the student-run concert with Grouplove and A$AP Ferg.

Zach Orndorff, Staff Writer

After a long year of classes, exams, and late night parties, students flooded the Penn State blue band IM field on April 26, 2019. In the event of students moving on with their lives and academics, Penn State students themselves organized this annual concert called Movin’ On. This substance-free environment filled with loud and diverse music is the perfect atmosphere for young students and teens.

Because Movin’ On is funded through the Penn State student activity fee, there is no charge to get into Movin’ On. However, the rumor going around was that security guards were checking Penn State ID’s, and locals below the age of 18 weren’t allowed in.

Artists on this Friday night consisted of Grouplove, A$AP Ferg, Snakehips, and Bryce Vine. The fan favorites were mainly Grouplove – because of their hit Tongue Tied – and A$AP Ferg. Since 1975, artists have ranged from Lupe Fiasco, Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, and even Fall Out Boy.

Sophomore Clarre Porter attended the concert and was one of the few people under 18 years old that got in. “I’m sad I missed Bryce Vine play, but Grouplove was great and I had a lot of fun,” Porter said.

“It was a blast,” senior Zach Oakman said. “The weather stayed clear despite the speculation of thunderstorms. I was scared it was going to be cancelled, because along with the planned thunderstorms there was a tornado watch.”

A tweet went out midway through that Friday that there was a weather delay. However, after another tweet went out many students and teens were excited to find out that it was a false alarm. Grouplove and A$AP Ferg sure didn’t fail to keep Penn State students on their feet as they moved on from the 2018-19 school year. you could say this concert was a great event before the last week of finals, and the last week of 46,270 students staying at University Park, Penn State.

About the Writer
Zach Orndorff, Staff Writer

My name is Zachary Robert Orndorff. I enjoy writing, and talking, which is why I am here, in Journalism. But that’s not the only reason. I watch sports...