Categories:

Nikocado Avocado is Two Steps Ahead

State High snackbar filled to the brim.
State High snackbar filled to the brim.
Shiva Vahmani

Nicholas Perry, otherwise known as Nikocado Avocado is a sensational internet personality who makes mukbang videos (videos of himself eating) and posts it on his Youtube, and as his weight and the amount of food he was consuming grew, so did his followers. 

Perry was of a healthy weight before he gained fame on Youtube. He started his channel in 2014 and began gaining traction around 2017. 

Perry’s channel has always been food-focused, although in his early videos, it was just normal-sized meals he was eating. 

But slowly, over the years, his videos began getting more extreme, he went from eating just a large bowl of noodles, to eating a pound of blue Takis noodles.

His weight also began to grow beyond a healthy point, with Perry being estimated to be 350lbs. Perry gained a following almost as large as himself, with his channel having over 4.45 million subscribers on Youtube. 

The food he ate in his most popular videos consisted of spicy cheese noodles the size of the thumbnail, enormous burgers, and 10,000 calorie portions of Zombie Nitro Takis. 

Sophomore Lucy Huber is a former fan of Nikocado Avocado. “[…] I lost interest because it was so disgusting, I was having trouble watching it,” Huber said. 

Nikocado Avocado has continued making money off of his Youtube career and online presence, because no one has tried to stop his self-destructive behaviors, he was able to continue making content, and therefore, money.

Nikocado Avocado became a spectacle, anyone on the internet between 2017 and recently has most likely heard the name. Freshman Jesse Simpson knows the internet personality as “[…] really big and obnoxious.” 

With the extreme content Nikocado makes, concerns rise among viewers. Many discussions opened up on various social media platforms, such as Reddit and TikTok, about how it couldn’t possibly be healthy for anyone to be eating such portion sizes, sizes that could feed multiple people, being consumed by one in under an hour.

Reddit user ‘u/Complex-Fisherman906’ shared their thoughts. “I genuinely don’t understand why he’s knowingly and intentionally destroying his physical health for no reason,” the user said under the ‘r/morbidquestions’ Subreddit. Many users agree that what Nikocado Avocado has built a career on is extremely unhealthy, and it’s widely agreed upon that he’s just doing it for views and money. 

On Sept. 7, more would be revealed about Nikocado Avocado than anyone could ever imagine.

Nikocado’s whole brand was about being a large person who ate abnormally large food. But this all changed when he uploaded a video to his channel titled “Two Steps Ahead.” 

The video features a significantly skinnier Nikocado, with no food in front of him.

In this 25-minute long video, Perry explains how his fans are like ants following one another, believing anything they’re told. 

He explains that he prerecorded enough mukbang videos to upload consistently for two years while he was still at an estimated 350 lbs and that over the years he’s actually been losing weight instead of gaining it, unlike what his channel led the public to believe.  

“So I am the villain because I’ve made myself one, and you will continue to consume these stories about me year after year after year,” Perry said in the video. 

Perry explained how he’s lost 250 lbs, and goes on to call people on the internet cruel and stupid. 

The rest of the video has a more lighthearted air as the video is still a mukbang, but the portion of food he’s eating is much more healthy — still large, but healthy nonetheless. 

Perry ends the video by saying, “I hope you enjoyed your food if you ate with me, which you should’ve because that’s what mukbang was supposed to be, it’s what it was originally for and that’s what I’m trying to bring back to the internet.”

Sophomore Kami Peachy has followed Nikocado Avocado in recent months and reacted to his video. “I’m in complete shock, I have no words, it’s crazy and came out of nowhere, it’s wild,” Peachy said. 

The shock that has followed this video across the internet is immeasurable, and although many find it humorous, the video also raises questions about the morality of Nikocado’s viewers. 

Donate to Lions' Digest
$305
$550
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of State College Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.