Jana Al Balushi s friends  at State High Seniors prom.
Jana Al Balushi ‘s friends at State High Seniors prom.

Senior Prom Night: A Memorable Evening of Glamour, Dancing, and lasting Memories for High school Graduates.

Senior prom is a significant event in the lives of high school students. It’s a formal dance that often includes dinner, music and various entertainment activities for many. It represents a celebration of their high school experience and  a farewell to their peers before their graduation. 

For girls this means elegant dresses or gowns, while boys typically wear suits or tuxedos. Venue proms can actually be held at various locations such as school, gymnasiums, banquet halls, hotels or other event spaces. Photography by professional photographers are often present to take formal pictures of the attendees. Themes and decorations proms often have a theme that influences the decorations, music and overall ambiance of the event. Music and dancing a dj or live band usually provides entertainment with a dance floor being a central part of the evening. Prom is a time for the students to create lasting memories to celebrate their achievements and to enjoy a night with their friends or their classmates.

On May 18th, senior prom was held at Bryce Jordan Center.  Jana’s Al Balushi explained her prom experience. “I started by doing my hair and makeup,” Balushi said. “Then, I did a natural-looking makeup look with some light eyeshadow, mascara, and lip gloss.” 

“My mom is really good at makeup, and she made me look like a princess. After that, I put on my dress, which was a beautiful black color with a sparkly top and a flowy skirt that made me feel like a fairytale character,” Balushi said. “it [Prom] was such  a night I’ll never forget it,” Balushi said. 

She went with her friends, and her mom drove her and her friends to the venue in her car. Balushi went on to explain the night. “My friends and I found our table and took some pictures together,” Balushi said. “And it was nice to have some time to relax and chat before the dancing started. We talked about our plans for college and what we wanted to do after graduation.” 

After a little while, the music started, and people began dancing. “At first, I was a bit shy, but then I started dancing with my friends. We had a lot of fun! We danced and laughed and took breaks to eat some snacks,” Balushi said.

The DJ was playing a mix of fast and slow songs, so they got to dance and also have some slow dances with friends. They were all really good dancers, and she tried but she was doing  her best to keep up.  “I’m so glad we did [the photos] because they turned out really great,” Balushi said. 

“I was happy too, it was a really special night, and I’m glad I got to share it with my friends and family. I’ll always remember my senior prom as a fun and memorable night with the people I care about,” Balushi said at the end of the night.  They made some great memories that night, and she was so grateful for that. Her  friends and her are already planning our next get-together, and she  can’t wait to see them again soon. “ It was a really special night, and I’m glad I got to share it with my friends and family,” Balushi said.