Field Hockey Takes Down Central Columbia

Bryant Atanasio, Staff Writer

A sunny afternoon in September could not have been more of a breeze for State College field hockey.  

State High Field Hockey defeated Central Columbia 7-0 as Carissa Tambroni, Sophomore, netted three goals to the lead the Lady Little Lions to the win. Ava Whitlark, junior, scored twice and Halle Rex, senior, and Kelsey Love, junior, both added goals as Grace Biddle, junior,  posted a two-save shutout.  The Lady Little Lions look to improve on their 2016 record of 14-7 and a district championship win, and are off to a fast start at 4-0.  State High brings back three Mid-Penn All-Stars from the 2016 season, including Tambroni, Love, and senior Abby Kissel.  This may be the most competitive State College team to date.  There are high expectations this year after last year’s impressive playoff run.  “I’m looking forward to a winning season, and I think my goal for this year is to win States,” said Tambroni, who posted impressive numbers her freshman year.  Senior leadership is very important to this year’s squad, as seniors Abby Kissell and Lily Dochat were named captains at the beginning of the season. “I love my team and I’m excited to be a captain for them, and I’m excited to spend my last season playing alongside them,” said Dochat.  The team has a full schedule ahead of them, and they take on Selinsgrove Sunday, September 16th.