Mr. Klebacha

Mr. Klebacha, also known as Señor Klebacha attended Westminster College after high school.  At State High he is currently teaching Spanish 3 and Experienced Spanish 1. Señor Klebacha found his love for Spanish in the people and culture associated with the language. He wanted to be a teacher because he wanted to leave the world in a better state than he found it.  “Maria and Luis” from Sesame Street were one of the influences on his path to becoming a Spanish teacher.

Best part about being a teacher: “The best part about being a teacher is watching all of your students find out what makes them excited and passionate and then watching them go after it. At State High, the students keep every day fun and interesting.”

Worst part about being a teacher: “Correcting irregular verb forms.”

Best memory as a teacher: “On April Fools day a few years ago, my legendary second period Spanish 2 class was working hard on their assigned homework during the last couple minutes of class. One of the students asked me, “¿Comé se dice “attention” en español?”(How do you say “attention” in Spanish?) Even though it seemed clear, I said, “attención” and the kid who asked me yelled “BINGO”. It turns out that two other girls in my class had made a bingo card filled with the things I say frequently in class. The student who won needed me to say “atención” to win the bingo game. I still have his BINGO card at home. That class holds the title of the most fun class I’ve ever taught.”

Interesting fact about you: “I bowl competitively.”

What do you do in your down time: “Lift weights, cook, watch baseball, practice Spanish.”

What is your favorite unit to teach: “The book unit where students write original, illustrated story books in Spanish. This is my favorite because all students tend to be afraid until they get into it, then they all enjoy it.”

Favorite childhood memory: “If I had to pick, I would have to say Thanksgiving dinner most years, both sets of family all piled together and eating together.”

Favorite color: Turquoise

Favorite food: Pepper steak over quinoa

Favorite Song: Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac

Lions' Digest • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$165
$550