Upcoming Girls’ Lacrosse Season

State High seniors look forward to a strong season. Ella Kolln, senior, said, “It’s true that high school goes by fast and I’m so happy that I get to finish off my senior year playing lacrosse with my best friends.”

Lexi Kranich, Staff Writer

On Monday, May 11, State High Girls’ lacrosse had their first practice of the 2019 season. With new head coach, Rod Stahl, and assistant coaches, Roger Dunlap, Bailey Moore, and Misha Demchuk, spirits were high amongst the girls.

“I am very excited to be back with Coach Stahl this season. He taught me everything I know about the sport from cradling, to good sportsmanship, since I started playing for Centre Warriors in 4th grade,” senior Sydney Washell said.

Their coaching philosophy for this season is to work hard and strive to bring the best out of each player, be a positive influence on our players and parents, and have fun. They are also striving to be a positive representation of the school community and treat others with respect.

The Little Lions returning Varsity letter winners include Sally Stahl, Elaina Ohlson, Emily Hall, Sydney Washell, Alyssa Dunlap, Kayla Bennett, Alison Houtz, Emma Kerber, and Maddie Tambroni. Their goal this year is to reach States.

The girls faced a heavy graduation loss to the class of 2018. However, fifteen freshmen have stepped up to take on their roles.

“The number of underclassmen this year is awesome. I am really excited that so many girls wanted to join the team. We have a great team bond and I am looking forward to seeing how far we all go,” senior Sally Stahl said.

Last year, State College Girls’ Lacrosse had a successful 15-5 season. They claimed their first Mid-Penn Commonwealth title with a 15-12 win over Cumberland Valley. This year spirits are high as they hope to reach the state tournament once again.