State High Holds a Fall Festival

Staff members smile and hand out Fall Fest items in the cafeteria on Oct 30.
John

On Oct 30, State High held its’ Fall Festival during all lunches. The Fall Fest included games and activities like cornhole, live music from the Brass Rats. Items were also given out including snacks, candy, and stickers. The cafeteria and lobby area were decorated with festive objects like spiderwebs, posters, orange leaves, etc. 

The Fall Fest was the first high school event led by the School Wide PBIS Initiative and Student Team. Many faculty and staff members helped to organize it. The junior and senior senate team also took part in helping by decorating the cafeteria and surrounding areas. 

The Brass Rats played live music for the Fall Fest. Their music was a big part of the whole festival and played a role in entertainment and the festive mood. Although the Brass Rats are already a popular band within State High, this was a great opportunity for them to practice their skills in front of a big crowd and set the tone. 

Avery Fuller and Kezia Weaver were two of the many students that partook in the Fall Festival. “It was really fun, I really liked the apple nachos and music,” Fuller said. On the way into the cafeteria, everyone was greeted by staff and offered apple nachos with toppings like sprinkles, cinnamon, and sugar. They were also offered stickers, spirit bracelets, lollipops, and coloring pages. “It actually made my lunch so much more fun today,” Fuller said. 

Most students loved the Fall Festival, however as with any other event, there were some mixed opinions about it. “It’s okay, [the festival] kind of interrupted my lunch because there was too much music while I was trying to eat,” Weaver said. She also added, “I also don’t really like candy or apples, and there were too many people.”

The festival could have possibly overwhelmed some students that don’t particularly enjoy loud music and social settings. They also may not have liked the fact that they were surrounded and had to walk through a group of people to enter the cafeteria. However, this all depends on the specific person and their personal opinions. 

The 2023 Fall Festival was a success. It gave the opportunity for both students and staff to socialize and meet new people by participating in activities. As the school year continues, some days may seem “boring” and like “nothing is happening”. The Fall Fest was a good changeup of students’ everyday routine and allowed them to have more fun during their lunch and bring up the spirit of State High.