2023 DECA ICDC

Bridget Ciolkosz

DECA members at the Airport with rapper Lil Pump

David Young, Staff Writer

Editors note: This article was edited May 31, 2023, to clarify that the Dream Learn Sales Pitch was a local event in Erie, PA, and clarify a student’s status in DECA

On April 21st, 2023, State High DECA took a trip to Orlando, Florida to attend and compete in the International Career Development Conference. The conference has many different perks such as competitive events for students to win cash prizes, and college and career exhibits for students to learn more about their next chapter in life. The Emerging Leader Series allows students to attend gain skills in the areas of collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity.

The trip was especially a success for some. Seniors Abigail Sparrow and Avi Mazer were both awarded top scores on the tests they participated in. Senior Lila Mathias earned a $2,000 prize getting first place in the world in the Dream Learn Sales Pitch in Erie, as well as 6th place in the world in Automotive Services Marketing Series at ICDC. Seniors Grace Shang and Sam Ikenberry proved to be a dynamic duo also winning a $1,000 prize after being awarded 2nd place in the Dream Learn Sales Pitch at the Erie competition, as well as earning 5th place in Financial Services Team Decision Making at ICDC. 

Even those who recently joined still had an amazing time. Senior Ian Savitski, who competed in Sports Entertainment Marketing said, “I have been in DECA since [senior] year, and these types of events are always the most fun. I love being able to celebrate all that we have accomplished as a club with some of my best friends.” There is no question, the 2023 DECA ICDC was a success! Congratulations to all State High winners!