Movin’ On From Cloudy Skies

State High Freshman, Sammie Dunlap, Meg Felsmann, Emma Ryan, and Payton Treaster enjoy the sunshine before the rain at Moving On. Freshman Emma Ryan said, “I had a super good time with my friends,” in regards to her experience at Movin’ On.

Emily McDonald, Staff Writer

For years, State High students have attended Penn State’s annual music festival Movin’ On. Since it’s start in 1975, the festival has stayed true to its roots by providing a fun-filled day of diverse music, exciting events, and community involvement. It’s original purpose was to bring a free celebration to wish off all graduating students who are “movin on” in their lives. In the past artists including Fall Out Boy, Gym Class Heroes, Run DMC, Jimmy Eat World, Bowling for Soup, Lupe Fiasco, O.A.R., Ludacris, MGMT, Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, Passion Pit, Two Door Cinema Club, All Time Low and more have appeared or headlined at the event. It is one of the top 5 largest student-run music festivals in the country and a PSU tradition that is now in its 43rd year.

In 2010, the new and improved Movin’ On was born through collaboration with four other campus organizations. They all held their own concerts in the springtime, but the students want one big show instead of four small scale events.

This year on April 27th grammy nominated rap artist Logic, grammy winner Daya, the band Judah and the Lion, and Mick Jenkins were supposed to perform. Sadly this year there was thunder and lightning which meant that they had to cancel the event early.. State High students were disappointed but the outcome was still good. Freshman Payton Treaster said, “I had a really good time with my friends, and even though it rained we made the best of it.” Another piece of sad news was that Logic, the main act, was not even able to make an appearance. Freshman Sammie Dunlap said, “I was really dissapointed that Logic didn’t even perform I was really looking forward to that.” Movin’ On is known as a fun event for State High students and Penn State students alike, while it was raining I think they still had lots of fun this year.