The Chainsmokers Brought the Smoke to State College

The+Chainsmokers+lead+singer%2C+Andrew+Taggart+sings+live+on+stage+at+the+Bryce+Jordan+Center.+Hundreds+of+fans+came+to+see+the+Chainsmokers+perform+in+their+World+War+Joy+tour.++The+band+performed+many+of+their+hit+songs+such+as+Closer+and+Paris.+The+concert+was+definitely+a+success.+The+band+did+more+than+sing.+They+also+brought+out+motorcycles+and+were+very+good+entertainers.+The+best+part+of+the+concert+was+when+the+Chainsmokers+brought+out+the+other+musicians+that+opened+for+them+and+sang+their+song+they+had+together.+Normally+they+don%E2%80%99t+do+that+so+the+fact+that+they+brought+them+back+out+was+really+cool%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Jessica+Lose.+

photo courtesy of Sydney Stirling

The Chainsmokers lead singer, Andrew Taggart sings live on stage at the Bryce Jordan Center. Hundreds of fans came to see the Chainsmokers perform in their World War Joy tour. The band performed many of their hit songs such as “Closer” and “Paris.” “The concert was definitely a success. The band did more than sing. They also brought out motorcycles and were very good entertainers. The best part of the concert was when the Chainsmokers brought out the other musicians that opened for them and sang their song they had together. Normally they don’t do that so the fact that they brought them back out was really cool,” said Jessica Lose.

Alexa Webb, Staff Writer

The Chainsmokers have been around since 2014 when their first hit single, “#Selfie,” came out. From 2014, the band only gained more fans and attention in the media. The band has since released many new singles such as “Roses” and “Closer” as well as albums like “Sick Boy.” Recently, the Chainsmokers came to State College to perform a concert from their World War Joy tour, which would give the community a look at what the band has to offer. Many State High students attended this concert on Sunday, September 29th. So, how do the fans feel about the concert and the music they heard? Was it a concert to go down in the books or one to forget? 

“The best part of the concert was when 5 seconds of summer came on the stage,” Mac Campbell said. “They played a lot of their old songs which I liked and seeing them on stage was very cool. When the Chainsmokers came on stage, it was really awesome, but also confusing at some parts with the giant ball they let down for the bikers to do tricks in.” 

“The concert was definitely a success,” Jessica Lose, senior, said. “The band did more than sing. They also brought out motorcycles and were very good entertainers. The best part of the concert was when the Chainsmokers brought out the other musicians that opened for them and sang their song they had together. Normally they don’t do that so the fact that they brought them back out was really cool.”

As many students have expressed, the Chainsmokers concert was a memorable and successful one. The concert had many elements that contributed to the overall performances of the artists. As each song echoed through the stadium, strobe lights cascaded through the air and fans sang along to the lyrics. The concert also had professional bikers that rode around a metal ball for their World War Joy tour. The students at State High were more than pleased with the performances by the Chainsmokers, 5 Seconds of Summer, and Lennon Stella on Sunday and hope to see them return to State College again.