Girls’ Soccer Wins it All

Erica+Feese%28right%29%2Csenior%2C+%2319%2C+breaks+away+to+score+her+second+of+four+goals+in+the+game.+%E2%80%9CEven+though+we+let+two+goals+in+early%2C+we+didn%E2%80%99t+give+up+and+rallied+for+the+6-4+win%2C%E2%80%9D+Feese+said.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls’ Soccer Wins it All

Erica Feese(right),senior, #19, breaks away to score her second of four goals in the game. “Even though we let two goals in early, we didn’t give up and rallied for the 6-4 win,” Feese said.

Casey Higgins, Staff Writer

On Saturday, September 22nd, the State College Girls Soccer team played against Carlisle. In the first half of the varsity game, Carlisle scored two goals which brought the score to 2-0 Carlisle, with twenty-six minutes remaining in the half. #19, Erica Feese, senior, scored with no assist, bringing the score up to 2-1 at the end of the first half. The second half was successful for State High with two unassisted goals by #10, Makenzie Graham, senior, and three unassisted goals by Feese. The game ended with a score of Carlisle-4, State High-6.

The first half of the JV game was fairly evenly matched, and no goals were scored. In the second half, #30, Holly Feese, sophomore, scored with nineteen minutes remaining, making the score 1-0 State High. Claire Vollmer, #39, freshman, then scored assisted by Abby Edelman, #31, freshman, leaving the game with a final score of Carlisle-0, State High-2. JV player, Kate Lundy, #42, freshman, stated,”We passed well and had good ball control, but we could have had better communication because we did not communicate when it was necessary. I could have taken more shots and looked up from the ball more.” Her goal for herself this season is “to score at least one goal” and her goal for the team is “to win against Cumberland Valley.”